Last updated: 26 April 2018
If you have signed up for a user account at peltarion.com, your personal data will also be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice User Accounts.
What personal data do we process?
We collect personal data when you (i) sign-up for a mailing list or request news and information, (ii) voluntarily complete surveys or similar, and (iii) visit peltarion.com. Such personal data will include your name, e-mail address, IP address and other information that you voluntarily provide us.
Purpose, legal ground and storage period
We will only use your personal data for the purposes, and on the basis of the legal grounds, as set out below. We will not use your personal data for any purpose that is incompatible with the below purposes. Further, we will only use your personal data during the period as set out under "Storage period", after such period your data will be erased.
1. When you sign up for our mailing lists, news and information
Purpose of processing: When you sign up for a mailing list or request news or information, we will process your data to provide the services as requested by you.
Legal ground for processing: Our legitimate interests to maintain good customer relations.
Storage period: We will erase your data when you opt-out or unsubscribe from the processing.
2. When you complete one of our surveys
Purpose of processing: When you complete surveys, we will process your personal data to analyze the responses/results and to improve our services on the basis of such responses/results.
Legal ground for processing: When you voluntarily participate in a survey, you consent to our usage of your personal data for the mentioned purposes.
Storage period: We will erase your data within a reasonable time after completion of our analysis. You can always withdraw your consent.
3. When you visit the Peltarion.com website
Purpose of processing: When you visit peltarion.com, we will process your personal data to improve our website.
Legal ground for processing: Our legitimate interest to improve our website and services. Please see more under “Cookies.”
Storage period: Please see more under “Cookies.”
4. Anonymous use of your data
Purpose of processing: To anonymize your personal data, in order to compile anonymous and aggregated tracking data (including to analyze visitors’ use of our sites by tracking information such as page views, traffic flows, search terms and click throughs) for the purpose of improving our website
Legal ground for processing: Our legitimate interests to create anonymous user statistics. When your personal data has been anonymized, it will no longer be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
Please note that the above storage periods do not apply to the extent Peltarion is required to retain your personal data (partly or in full) for a certain period under applicable mandatory law.
Who do we share your personal data with?
To achieve the purposes, we may share your personal data with our subcontractors. Such subcontractors provide storage services, advertising services and services for troubleshooting and correction of any defects in our website. Some of our subcontractors may process your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, a transfer will only occur, if there is a legal ground for the transfer, e.g. by (i) executing EU standard data protection clauses with the recipient of the personal data, or (ii) ensuring that the country has an adequate level of protection of personal data, as decided by the EU Commission, or (iii) for transfers to and processing in the USA, ensuring that the recipient holds self-certifying registrations under the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration.
You are entitled to the following rights under applicable laws:
- The right to access: you may at any time request to access your personal data. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form.
- The right to rectification: you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): under certain circumstances (including processing on the basis of your consent), you may request us to delete your User Data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to object: to certain processing activities conducted by the us in relation to your personal data, such as our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to restriction of processing: you may under certain circumstances request from us to restrict the processing of your personal data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to data portability: you are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which in Sweden is Datainspektionen.
In order to keep your personal data secure, we have implemented a number of technical and organizational security measures. For example, we maintain high levels of technical security in all systems (including traceability, disaster recovery, access limitations etc.) and we have adopted policies to ensure that our employees only access personal data on a need-to-know basis.