Ticking off the boxes: Application criteria
Since we only have a finite number of resources that we can dedicate to this program (after all, we also have to do our jobs ;-), we want to make sure that both you and we get the most out of the mentorship program. In order for the program to be useful for you and for us, we've set up a few criteria you need to tick off in order to apply for the program.
- You are interested in exploring how to apply deep learning to your idea/project. Your mentor will then guide you on how to approach your project and any problems along the way using the Peltarion Platform. (Note that this is not a deep learning course – if you feel like you need to brush up on your basic deep learning skills before applying, check out Andrew Ng’s deep learning specialization here.)
- You’re serious about your project and want to take it to the next level using deep learning. This can be a project at your current employer, something you wish to commercialize or a do-good project.
- You have access to the data you need to work on your project. The data doesn’t have to be ready to be used, but you should have access to it.
- You're willing and able to put in the time necessary. Depending on your situation and schedule, we’ll work out the best way for you and your mentor to follow up with one another.
- You’re up for having the technical discussions. You don't need to have an engineering degree or similar, you just need to feel comfortable thinking about numbers and have some idea of the scientific method and/or being data-driven. This is for you to be able to get the most out of the program.
Note that all tutoring is going to be done on the Peltarion Platform, allowing for you to build, train and deploy deep learning models right from your browser, no-code required. It’s the easiest way to focus on problem-solving without the tedious and oh so boring hardware setup work, learning and stringing together a patchwork of tools or debugging of code.